We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Marketing and email newsletter
We use any information submitted to us by you to provide you with further information by email about the goods we offer which may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any point by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email.
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email, for example to track opens, button clicks, etc. Subscribed activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation.
We store your personal data on secure servers for a reasonable time from the date on which you cease to be a customer or supplier of ours or until you ask us to destroy it in each case unless the law requires us to store the data for a longer period.
To exercise any of your rights under the GDRP or CCPA
You can request a copy of the personal information which we hold or amend it or ask us not to use it for particular purposes by emailing us at email@example.com; providing us with official proof of your identity (a copy of your drivers license or passport); and letting us know what information you want and/or what you want us to do. Let us know of any information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with. You can request us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records and databases. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data, and in that circumstance we will only destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so.
How to contact us